This structure is not the original Sedgwick Farms Tennis Clubhouse. This one was built in 1923. It is a physical example of the neighborhood?s tight social community since its development. This building is still used as a clubhouse.
The first Tennis Club was at the corner of Sedgwick & Brattle, and was formed in the 1890s. There is some question as to the date that the clubhouse was moved to 422 Dewitt. The 1908 City Atlas shows the clubhouse building at 422 Dewitt, where it appears again in the 1924 City Atlas.